بكالوريوس طب الأسنان
College of Dentistry
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) Degree Program
This is a five-year undergraduate program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS). The study program and curriculum is at par with that of renowned international universities and dental institutes.
The BDS program aims to:
- Educate and train a new generation of competent dental surgeons, who will be able to provide high quality comprehensive oral healthcare with emphasis on prevention.
- Emphasize on the prevention and early detection of oral and dental diseases as an integral part of the curriculum.
- Provide educational experiences for students using a comprehensive patient care model.
- Provide community dentistry services that meet world-class standards.
- Establish national recognition in term of academia by the concerned authorities and the public.
- A minimum High School Average of 85% for Advanced Track or 80% for Elite Track or equivalent in Standardized International Systems is required with no admission of General Track applicants.
- An Emirates Standardized Test (EmSAT) score of 1100 for English Language or an equivalent English Proficiency Test approved by the CAA.
- An EmSAT score of 800 for Arabic Language. Alternatively, the international students can register for a non-credited Basic Arabic Language course at the institution.
- An EmSAT score of 900 in Mathematics or equivalent, plus scores of 900 in two of the three science subjects (Chemistry, Biology or Physics). In the case that EmSAT scores in Mathematics and two science subjects are not available, a candidate shall sit an equivalent Admission Exam designed by the College of Dentistry which includes Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Mathematics.
- Passing a personal interview set by the College of Dentistry.
- Conditional admission will be allowed for not achieving the Arabic Language EmSAT score but not for English Language, Mathematics and science subjects (or equivalent admission test in these subjects) or overall High School Certificate, as above.
Graduates of the College will have a wide range of career opportunities to choose from, in addition to continuing higher education (Masters and PhD degrees) in one of the dental specialties.
Those who prefer to practice in UAE will be able to do so provided that they pass the UAE Licensing Exams. Graduates are subject to the regulations of the UAE licensing authorities with regard to the type of examination and certification criteria.
Career Opportune unities for BDS Holders
- Public hospitals
- Private dental clinics
- Preventive dental centers
- Academic institutions
- Working in research facilities
- Armed forces services
- Insurance and trading companies
- Dental societies
Students will be awarded the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree upon fulfillment of the following requirements:
- Completing successfully the required credit hours (201 Credit Hours), including the University requirement courses, with an accumulative grade point average (AGPA) not less than C, otherwise students should take, during the following semester(s), clinical subjects as suggested by the academic advisor to fulfill this graduation requirement.
- Completing successfully the required clinical cases during the clinical phase in addition to the mandatory two months internal clinical training during summer.
- Submitting and defending a research project before an academic committee of the College.