بكالوريوس طب الأسنان
College of Dentistry
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) Degree Program
This is a five-year undergraduate program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS). The study program and curriculum is at par with that of renowned international universities and dental institutes.
The BDS program aims to:
- Educate and train a new generation of competent dental surgeons, who will be able to provide high quality comprehensive oral healthcare with emphasis on prevention.
- Emphasize on the prevention and early detection of oral and dental diseases as an integral part of the curriculum.
- Provide educational experiences for students using a comprehensive patient care model.
- Provide community dentistry services that meet world-class standards.
- Establish national recognition in term of academia by the concerned authorities and the public.
- Emirati General Secondary School Certificate (or its equivalent).
- Elite Track: A minimum score of (80%).
- - Advanced Track: A minimum score of (85%)
- EmSAT English (1100) OR Academic IELTS (5) (or its equivalent)
- A minimum score of (70%) in Mathematics (OR) A score of (800) in EmSAT Mathematics.
- A minimum score of (70%) in ONLY TWO of Physics, Biology, Chemistry (OR) A score of (800) in EmSAT of the same subjects.
Graduates of the College will have a wide range of career opportunities to choose from, in addition to continuing higher education (Masters and PhD degrees) in one of the dental specialties.
Those who prefer to practice in UAE will be able to do so provided that they pass the UAE Licensing Exams. Graduates are subject to the regulations of the UAE licensing authorities with regard to the type of examination and certification criteria.
Career Opportune unities for BDS Holders
- Public hospitals
- Private dental clinics
- Preventive dental centers
- Academic institutions
- Working in research facilities
- Armed forces services
- Insurance and trading companies
- Dental societies
Students will be awarded the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree upon fulfillment of the following requirements:
- Completing successfully the required Credit hours (200 Credit Hours)
- with a minimum CGPA of 2 out of 4