|| Dean of the College of Business Administration
|| Until Filled
Dean of the College of Business Administration
College of Business Administration
Major / Specialization:
||Dean of the College of Business Administration|
Job Responsibilities :
- Serving as principal academic and administrative officer of the faculty working to achieve college mission and strategic goals
- Working with faculty members, staff, and students to develop and oversee the college academic programs.
- Ensuring the maintenance of the academic programs’
- Nomination a college faculty member for serving as a member in the Curricula and Study Plans Committee (CSPC) to contribute to the development of curricula and study plans of the academic programs offered by the college.
- Planning, promulgating, and supervising all courses, in conjunction with the academic staff of the college and in application of the recommendations of the CSPC, appropriate syllabuses, materials, schemes of work and revision programs, which include clearly identified aims and objectives,
- Encouraging various teaching and learning methods, appropriate to the abilities and aspirations of the students with a view to enabling them to take maximum responsibility for their own learning,
- Ensuring that the highest academic standards are promoted and sustained in the
- Ensuring adherence to examination regulations in effect in the
- Ensuring that faculty members in the college respect and implement the recommendations of the CSPC and the Council for Academic Affairs (CFAA).
- Ensuring an equitable distribution of teaching and supervision load among the academic staff in the
- Ensuring that quality assurance issues are addressed through regular reviews of programs.
- Ensuring orientation of all new faculty and adjunct faculty in the college.
- Ensuring the completion of both the annual faculty performance evaluations and student assessments of faculty, courses, and academic advising.
- Responding to students’ academic concerns and seeking resolution at the college
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and University Chancellor
Student assessment and support:
- Attracting a diverse student body and fostering enrollment growth while enhancing program effectiveness.
- Ensuring that academic counseling pertaining to programs and courses offered in the college.
- Ensuring the efficient administration of relations within the University and with other bodies in the UAE.
- Holding and chairing college council meetings,
- Allocating resources in the college, including all budgeting authority.
- Building and maintaining a diverse faculty and staff and promotes professional development.
- Providing recommendations to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs on hiring, promotion, and termination of faculty members and administrative
- Organizing events to keep college in service of the community.
- Ensuring the active participation of senior faculty members, and college students’ members in the University Student Council, in the decision-making process regarding personnel matters, academic and administrative issues in the college.
- PhD in a relevant field
- Qualified for faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher
- Prior leadership role in faculty affairs or faculty development.
- Five of more years of experience in faculty affairs, recruitment and development
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to cultivate a rapport with faculty, staff and administration that emphasizes collaboration and support.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Knowledge of faculty and/or staff hiring procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of academic standards governing student probation, suspension, and/or expulsion.
- Knowledge and understanding of student career and academic advisement principles, methods, and procedures at the college level.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of student life issues and concerns.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge of the procedures and processes associated with the development and dissemination of curriculum catalogs and student handbooks.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Kindly mention the position & job reference in the subject field when applying.
- Please fill the USTF CV Application and send it to the following e-mail address: email@example.com